Despite the fact that we (you and me, baby!) are clearly awesome and that our tenancy invariably increases the property value of wherever we choose to live, many landlords still insist on charging rent. In light of this, we might as well transform the crappiness of paying rent into the awesomeness of traveling first class. We do this by signing up for credit cards that reward us with big bonuses for our mandatory rent payments.
For many sane people, one of the most nerve wracking parts of the travel hacking game is making the minimum spend when you sign up for a new credit card. The fact that you won’t get the bonus miles unless you successfully meet the spending requirements means that you definitely need to pay attention to how you can “make the spend” when you get a new card.
Until recently there was a great service called WilliamPaid that allowed you to pay rent with your credit card for a 3% processing fee. Sadly, WilliamPaid was discontinued some months ago and so, it seemed, was the ability to easily pay rent with your credit. That is until today, when I came across a new service that will once again allow you to pay your rent with your credit card.
The service is called RadPad and it will allow you to use a credit card to pay your rent for a 2.99% processing fee.
Here’s how it works:
- Click on the “Pay My Rent” tab.
- Put in the amount you would like to pay and enter your email address.
- Specify whether your landlord is a company or individual and then enter their info and where to mail the payment to.
- Enter in your name and billing address.
- Put in your credit card info and then click “I’m not a robot” to make sure you are indeed not a robot and then click “Confirm Your Account.”
- Enter in your details and phone number to create an account and then click “Wrap It Up.”
- Confirm that all the details are correct and then submit your payment!